It’s that time again! I am requesting home made cookies for Kairos Weekend #7 at North Central Correctional Institution (NCCI) in Marion, Ohio. The weekend will be held Thursday September 15th thru the 18th.
Below are some guidelines for “Home Made Kairos Cookies.” I would like to pick them up at church on Sunday, September 4th. I realize this ia a holiday weekend, so I will also make a pick-up on Sunday, August 27th. I will put them in my freezer. I need to take them to our team meeting on September 9th as we continue to prepare for the Kairos Weekend. (I am in need of 200 dozen…..HELP!)
The cookies you made for me last February were absolutely delicious, and, of the 10,000 dozen cookies the team collected, every inmate (some 2,500 men) received about two dozen each, and the 42 inmates who were a part of the weekend program had cookies coming out their ears. Thank you so very much for your time and energy to help us do the Lord’s work behind prison bars.
I will need more for Weekend #1 at London Correctional (LoCI) in November. Kairos has been working a long time to get our program into London and we’ve finally made it. I may also need cookies for a Lebanon (LeCI) weekend in March. We have been in LeCI since 1990.
In His love and service,
Team Member, NCCI Kairos #7
Thank you for volunteering to bake Kairos Cookies! Following these guidelines will help ensure that your cookies will be most effectively used to do the work for which God inspired you to bake.
- Take me out! Take this guideline sheet out of the bag before you put the cookies in, and do not put anything except cookies in the bag. Paper plates, notes, cardboard backing, plastic wrap – anything but cookies will have to be removed by us before the cookies go into the prison.
- Make your cookies sturdy. They will need to be handled several times before they arrive in the prisoners’ hands. Delicate, pretty cookies will crumble. Chewy cookies and brownies tend to end up as a single large featureless lump.
- Chocolate chip cookies are always a popular choice. If chocolate chip cookies are not possible, snicker doodles and peanut butter are also popular.
- Size – Try to make the cookies 2 to 3 inches in diameter. Consistent size is important.
- 2 dozen per bag. Please count your cookies carefully. Any bag with other than 2 dozen needs to be marked.
- No powdered sugar, frosting, or raisin cookies. Chocolate chips, M&Ms, and Reese’s pieces are fine.
- Do not put notes in the bag or on the bag. We will have to remove them before the cookies go into the prison.
- Please use zip-loc bags to keep the cookies as fresh as possible.
- Do not use burned or blemished cookies. Remember the cookies are intended to represent God’s unconditional love to the prisoners.
- Cookie mixes and pre-mixed dough from the store are fine.
- Pray. As you bake the cookies, pray for the inmates who will receive them. Your prayers are very important to the prisoners.
Kairos Cookies are for North Central Correctional Institution (NCCI), Marion OH, Kairos # 7 for the weekend of September 15-18, 2011.
Please turn in cookies by Sunday, September 4, 2011.
Thank you very much for supporting Kairos Prison Ministry.
God Bless you for your service to this ministry!